Thursday 4 April 2013

March favourites!

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/6764027/?claim=u4hcb9z9kzt">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

OK so I haven't officially decided if I am going to do a monthly favourite post every month seeing as I don't change up my products all the time so there's a possibility I will just be repeating myself. Plan is I will play it by ear and if I have been trying something different which I'm loving I shall tell  you :)
Firstly say hello to my new(ish) bag! I was looking through my bag collection and realised I didn't have an everyday black bag soo I thought I better amend the situation and decided on this Alexander Wang lookey-likey from Ebay. I love the gold hardware and studded base. It has a long, adjustable strap so you can carry it on your shoulder or you can carry it in the nook of your arm (does that make sense?) with the shorter straps. It is nice and roomy so I can put  all my stuff in it with ease but it's not too bulky.
I previously did a blog post on this Barry M textured nail paint in Ridley Road and have recently loved pairing it with this Models Own nail Varnish in Nude Beige. Typically I have used Ridley Road on my ring finger as an accent nail which jazzes up a nude manicure :)
I have been using this Illuminating Touch light diffusing concealer from Collection 2000 in the shade Naked to banish those pesky under-eye shadows I seem to be cursed with and it really is doing a good job because of it's pinky tone which 'corrects' the blue tones found around the eyes. It is full coverage (necessary for the darkest of under-eye bags) but I haven't noticed that it creases or goes cakey at all which is excellent especially seeing as it carries a lovely small price tag of around £4! As this is an illuminating concealer I have also been using it as a subtle highlight when contouring. I apply it in the middle of my forehead, down the middle of my nose, on my cupids bow, centre of my chin and on the area under my eyes and on top of my cheeks. Next I blend, blend, blend it in so that there are no harsh lines and I'm left with lovely natural glowing skin :)
This Topshop Magical Lip Tint in Crystal is formulated to react to your skin to give a colour that is unique to each person. Me and my sister have both used it and the colour was indeed different  for each of us. The colour it gives isn't anything to crazy and vibrant its just a super pretty, sheer pink that really is your natural lip colour but enhanced. It also acts as a wonderfully moisturising balm that gives your lips a natural shine.
I found this moisturiser free with a magazine and although I didn't really need a new moisturiser seeing as it was free I thought it wouldn't do any harm to give it a go. Elemis is an esteemed brand that is used in salons (I've had one of their facials and it was lovely) so was sure I would love it. This moisturiser is designed for skin that has excess oil, which mine can be guilty of , so it is super light and fast to absorb into the skin. I have been using this only in the morning, as I prefer something a bit heavier to deal with any dry patches (oily, dry isn't my skin the best?!) for night. After I've applied this moisturiser my skin feels hydrated but not greasy and my foundation just glides on beautifully!

What have been your favourite items recently?





No comments:

Post a Comment